3 May 2023

Maps Group: acquisition of Energenius S.r.l. completed

Energenius logo
After 51% of the share capital was acquired in October 2022, the remaining 49% stake was acquired from the minority shareholders.

Maps Group announces the acquisition of 49% of the share capital of Energenius S.r.l. The closing is the finalisation of a structured transaction for the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Energenius, already started with the acquisition of a 51% stake held by the majority shareholders in October 2022.

Marco Ciscato, Executive Chairman of Maps Group, stated:

“The completion of the Energenius acquisition represents an important step in the strategic growth of our Maps Energy Business Unit. We are now able to provide customers with enhanced solutions, with the ability to carry out advanced analyses on energy consumption and optimise their use. These qualities, combined with our ROSE solution, allow us to offer a complete product for the optimal management of Energy Communities. Furthermore, in Energenius we immediately found a brilliant and qualified operational management that will increase the Group’s skills”.

Energenius is an innovative start-up active in the energy efficiency market. It has developed GEM (Genius Energy Manager), a proprietary platform for advanced analysis and optimisation of energy consumption (also through forecasting models), aimed at companies, particularly in the industrial and retail sectors.